No matter how much you love wearing makeup, nothing beats having clear, smooth skin that makes you look forward to no-makeup days.
When it comes to achieving a bright, flawless complexion, unwanted spots, whether in the form of a single dark spot or all-over patches of discoloration, can be the biggest buzzkill. The technical term for these spots is hyperpigmentation.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a condition that causes patches of skin to look darker than the overall skin tone. This happens when brown pigment melatonin is overproduced in the skin.
While the causes may be different, hyperpigmentation can affect people of all skin tones.
Possible Causes of Hyperpigmentation
Below are the top causes of hyperpigmentation.
· Skin inflammation
· Trauma to the skin (for example, pimple picking)
· Sun exposure
· Hormonal changes during pregnancy or otherwise
· Medical conditions, such as Addison’s disease that increases melanin production
· The use of certain medications, including antibiotics and chemotherapy drugs
Hyperpigmentation Treatment: What You Should Do
Although hyperpigmentation doesn’t cause any harm, you may want to get rid of it to enjoy a clear complexion. You can try the following treatment methods and home remedies.
· Avoid sun exposure
· Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or above
· Don’t pick at pimples, scars, and scabs
· Use topical creams containing vitamin C, retinoids, azelaic acid, kojic acid, corticosteroids, and hydroquinone
· Invest in good-quality skincare products that don’t irritate your skin
· Use a hydrating toner to reduce dullness and get a clearer complexion
· Add a good-quality face mask to your skincare routine
Let Our Healthy Skin Collection Take Care of Your Skin
Taking good care of your skin is crucial to reducing and preventing hyperpigmentation. At Confident Beaute, we use 100% organic extracts processed using natural ingredients to make your skin look healthier, smoother, and more beautiful. Our skincare collection features vegan, paraben-free products that promote a clear, bright, flawless complexion for all skin types and tones.
To get rid of hyperpigmentation, consider using our Nutrient-Rich Resurfacing Face Mask. It is specially formulated with essential nutrients, such as Lactic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C), and Glycolic Acid to help with dark spots.